A humorous reminder of true reality...

Thursday 8 March 2007
Posted by Neugier

I TAUGHT a "gifted and talented" class made up of particularly bright fifth-and sixth-graders. In the midst of a lesson on the power of observation, I realized that I was wearing two different styles of shoes. Trying to be as inconspicuous as possible, I moved behind my desk and concluded the lesson from there, thankful that the students didn't seem to have noticed. The next day, I discovered that my lesson had been learned all too well. Before me sat a class of bright, smiling students -- each wearing mismatched shoes.

--Contributed to "All In a Day's Work" by Cheryl C. Nestor

The reality is that we are all teachers.

Two important questions:
1. What does your life teach?
2. Would you want those you love to copy the things you "think" no one notices?

1 comments:

Beth Hotchkiss-Yoder said...

hey pretty soon it's going to be April!!!!! are you going to post again???? :) is your garden in full bloom yet???