Carrots In the News!

Thursday 15 May 2008
Posted by Neugier

"May 15th at 2pm, you simply must go to your local friendly grocery store and panic buy carrots. Why?" Well, if you visit Haley, you will understand...:D

AFTER you purchase your carrots - WHAT TO DO WITH THEM?
HMM... I KNOW! LET'S MAKE CRACKERS!!!!!!!!!

Recipe:
1 c. carrot pulp
2tbs. flaxseed (semi ground)
sea salt (generous)
seasonings of choice

Fold the pulp in wax
paper then roll to
form cracker shape.

Place in dehydrator
for about 5 hrs.
A cookie sheet and low
set oven work as well.
Not sure of the timing though.



Seasonings: Experiment!
The ones I like the most are
Cajun, Organic No-Salt Seasoning,
Taco Seasoning and Soy Sauce
in the place of sea salt

2 comments:

Liz said...

Very interesting! I bet Katy would love those!!

Hayley Townley, Jack of Many Trades said...

Terrific. I am SO trying this recipe. I don't have a deydrator, but I do have an oven and a cookie sheet.

Thanks!