The Pure Enjoyment of Learning!

Monday 27 October 2008
Posted by Neugier


I can hardly wait for December!

While I thoroughly enjoy every season, Christmas has to be my favorite. This past weekend Ashley and I purchased an Eric Carle Advent Calendar!!

There is an accompanying book called Dream Snow from which the calendar was made. This will be our next purchase!

Summary of both:
"It's almost Christmas and it hasn't snowed yet. As the farmer naps on his small farm, he dreams of being covered in a gentle blanket of new snow. Then, one by one, he dreams of each of his five animals (aptly named One, Two, Three, Four, and Five) being covered as well. When he awakens, he discovers that real snow--not dream snow--has fallen. And "Oh my! Oh my! I almost forgot," the farmer shouts, and, bundling up, hurries out to his tree (named Tree) with a box and a sack, looking remarkably familiar in his white beard and red suit. After decorating Tree, the farmer shouts "Merry Christmas to all!" and pushes a button for a surprise Yuletide jingle."

0 comments: